Monday 15 April 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

We haven't heard any new material from Yeah Yeah Yeah's for close to 4 years and after the fantastic 'It's Blitz' came out back in 2009 I have been yurning for more from this trio ever since. Mosquito however I feel isn't the follow up I had hope from by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, it's certainly not as memorable or instant as either 'It's Blitz' or 'Fever To Tell' and it doesn't reach the astonishing highs the flawed 'Show Us Your Bones' reached. When I listen to this album I often feel like I'm listening to a band that had a long period of writers block during the album writing process and it's an album that provides very few highs and an astonishing amount of misfires. It's not as if the is anything particularly offensive on this album, it's just I always leave this album feeling like the is no reason to come back at all, and that's the first time I've felt this way about a Yeah Yeah Yeahs album; as far away from bad as it may be it's equally as distant from being 'great'. Song's such as 'Mosquito' and 'Area 51' come off as a band completely going by the motions and that's a real shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment