Sunday 15 April 2012

Album Of The Week #1: Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Spoon are a strange one, for the simple reason that I often forger how much I enjoy their music, I always find myself going back & really enjoying their music but then forget about enjoying them so much and pass them up for a few months before it all starts again. Today I listened to 2008's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga and was once again gently reminded me that Spoon are one of those bands that can walk the line between Middle Of The Road and Interesting with the greatest of ease without ever fully going Coldplay on us. Their music is your basic American indie rock with piano & horns (think The National) but it's the overall song writing and the quality of such that helps Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga & Spoon as a band stand out from the crowd. This album isn't going to be the most adventurous, epic, life changing or even memorable album you're ever going to hear but with the songs here you are certainly going to have a lot of fun whilst you're on the ride. As far as Americana Indie Rock from the era goes, this is one of the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment